Work with us at O.W. Lee
OW Lee in Comfort, TX
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Click on the jobs below to read more and apply. If you do not see a position that fits, please leave your information and we will contact you should an opportunity arise.
For more about our company, visit www.owlee.com/about
Small Packages Shipping Clerk
SUMMARY: The Shipping Clerk ships small packages daily utilizing shipment programs that include FedEx, UPS, and Stamps/USPS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fulfill and ship orders via UPS, FedEx, or USPS.
- Pack and ship orders as assigned.
- Ensure all orders are packed and shipped on time.
- Ensure all orders are shipped accurately.
- Ensure all orders are packed and shipped per proper procedures
- Ensure orders are tracked and reported per company procedures
- Complete and maintain accurate shipping documentation
- Ensure shipping area is clean and organized daily.
- Perform required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and correspondence/attend to emails daily.
- Assist in Shipping & Inventory Department: duties may include, but are not limited to: Assisting in loading trailers, taking product inventory, etc.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equiv
- Experience in shipping with UPS Worldwide and FEDEX ship manager a plus
- One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office especially Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience in Epicor Enterprise Software a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Forklift certification helpful but not required.
- Able to multi-task
- Able to manage priorities and workflow
- Self-directed, focused, organized and task driven
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Negotiates pricing and terms; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand and walk. The employee is required to sit frequently. The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally is required. Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. Employee must have closed toe, rubber sole shoes to wear anytime they are required to be in the factory. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account with Employer Contributions
- Flexible Spending Account
- Basic Life Insurance 100% paid for Employee
- Long Term Disability 100% paid for Employee
- 401(k) Plan with generous company match
- Cancer, Critical Illness and Accident Policies available
- Employee assistance program
- Referral program
- Paid biweekly
"*" indicates required fields